Wiring Done Right

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appliance Tip of the Week - Dryer Lint Filter Tip - Dryer Lint Filter Cleaning Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appliance Tip of the Week - Dryer Lint Filter Tip - Dryer Lint Filter Cleaning Tip

Appliance Tip of the Week...

Dryer Lint Filter Tip

We always clean the lint from the filter after every load of clothes....or so we thought we did. The appliance tech told us that he wanted to show us something. He took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it. Now, this thing is like a mesh-I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like - WELL......the hot water just lay on top of the mesh!!! It didn't go through it at all!!! He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh and that's what can burn out the heating unit or cause longer than normal drying times. You can't SEE the film, but it's there. He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time ( and to keep your electric bill lower ) is to take that filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush ( or other brush ) at least every six months. He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long! How about that???!!!! Learn something new everyday!

Note: We went to dryer and tested my screen by running water on it. Sure enough, the water collected in a puddle, nothing went through screen! And this was after I used the vacuum cleaner hose on it! So I turned on the hot water and took a little detergent and a nylon brush and gave it a little scrub I had it done in 30 seconds. I then ran the water over the screen and what a difference the water just gushed through it with no puddle at all and this time!
    Dryer Lint Filter Cleaning Tips

I take the filter out and make sure the lint is cleaned off before I start drying my load of clothing....that is enough right?....wrong!

Yes it is always a good idea to check and wipe off the lint before and after each load of clothes. There is also some maintenance work that MUST be done twice a year, especially if you use those dryer softener sheets as they are often a trouble maker for clogging up your dryers lint filter.

We find that every 6 months the lint filter should be removed from the dryer and taken to the laundry sink or your bathtub/shower so you can clean the filter off.

You should run hot water through the filter and use a scrub brush or a tooth brush to scrub the lint filter clean (both sides) and this will clean off any chemical build up left on the lint filter left from the detergents, water and static/softener dryer sheets.

Repair Parts For Gas and Electric Dryers

Related Links
    1. Vent pocket thermometer
    2. What is a grounded heating element on an electric dryer?
    3. How long can my vent for the dryer be?
    4. Digital Multimeter is an economical solution to your everyday electrical & temperature measurement needs
    ​jeff sr
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

Around this time in 2020 we couldn't find toilet paper.
    Now we can't afford it!
Working...
X