Wiring Done Right

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't let a broken appliance ruin your holidays - How to Cook a Turkey: Basic Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let a broken appliance ruin your holidays - How to Cook a Turkey: Basic Steps

Appliance tip of the week.

Don't let a broken appliance ruin your holidays

There's a lot to do before preparing the perfect holiday meal, so make sure your kitchen appliances don't hold you up! Find the parts and Repair Help you need today, so you don't have to worry about it when it matters.

Find the replacement parts you need for all of your everyday kitchen appliances:

Shop Oven, Range, and Stove Replacement Parts

Shop Refrigerator Replacement Parts

Shop Dishwasher Replacement Parts

Shop Microwave Replacement Parts

Have a problem with a kitchen appliance?

Don't forget about the DIY Repair Help section offering articles and guides on some of the most common issues facing kitchen appliances. Find step by step instructions on how to diagnose your problems and fix them quickly and easily

Find Repair Help Here

How to Cook a Turkey: Basic Steps

You'll be glad to know that cooking a turkey is surprisingly easy. Even with just a little bit of prep, you'll get great results you can be proud of. Here's how to prepare a thawed turkey for roasting in the oven:
    1. Remove the packet of giblets from the cavity of the bird and save them for gravy or stuffing. Next, use paper towels to pat dry the bird inside and out
    2. If you are stuffing the turkey, stuff it loosely, allowing about 1/2 to 3/4 cup stuffing per pound of turkey
    3. Tie drumsticks together with string, and brush the skin with melted butter or oil
    4. What oven temperature to cook a turkey: Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven
    5. Roast until the skin is a light golden colour, then cover the breast loosely with a foil tent to prevent further browning. During the last 45 minutes of baking, remove the foil tent to brown the skin. Basting is not necessary, but helps promote even browning
    6. The turkey is done when the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) at the thigh. If your turkey has been stuffed, it is important to check the temperature of the stuffing as well. The stuffing should also be 165 degrees F
    7. Be sure to allow at least 30 minutes between the time you take the turkey out of the oven and when you serve it. The turkey needs to "rest" for 20 to 30 minutes, and then you can carve your turkey

Cooking tips are from AllRecipes

jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

After all the eating I did over the holidays...I am happy to report that my socks still fit!

An update to SAVE you MONEY!

At RepairClinic Parts - Enjoy 10% off all parts...all week! - Use promo code "BLACKFRIDAY2020" at checkout to save!

Ends 11/29/2020

jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

After all the eating I did over the holidays...I am happy to report that my socks still fit!

Comment

Working...
    X