• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Electric Stove Burner Won't Turn Off - Appliance tip of the week

Appliance tip of the week.

Common solutions for: My Electric Stove Burner Won't Turn Off

Surface Element Switch

The surface element switch sends voltage to the surface element coil. Sometimes, when the surface element switch fails, the electrical contacts inside the switch fuse together, causing the switch to send continuous voltage to the surface element. If the surface element switch is defective, replace it.

Coil Surface Element

Sometimes, when the surface element is shorted out, it is visibly damaged. Inspect the surface element for damage. If the element is damaged, replace it. To determine if the element has shorted out, use a multimeter to test the element for continuity. If the coil surface element does not have continuity, replace it.

Radiant Surface Element

Sometimes, when the surface element is shorted out, it is visibly damaged. Inspect the surface element for damage. If the element is damaged, replace it. To determine if the element has shorted out, use a multimeter to test the element for continuity between the prongs and the case. If the radiant surface element shows continuity between the prongs and the case, this indicates that it is shorted out. If the radiant surface element is shorted out, replace it.

Solid Surface Element

Sometimes, when the surface element is shorted out, it is visibly damaged. Inspect the surface element for damage. If the element is damaged, replace it. To determine if the element has shorted out, use a multimeter to test the element for continuity. If the solid surface element has continuity from the element connecters to the outside case, this indicates that the surface element is shorted out. If the surface element is shorted out, replace it.

Surface Element Board

The surface element board has relays that regulate the power supply to the burners. If one or more of the relays fails, the surface element may not shut off. If two or more burners fail at the same time, this indicates that the surface element board is likely at fault. If only one surface element won’t work, use a multimeter to test the element for continuity. If the surface element has continuity, the surface element board might be defective.

My Electric Stove Burner Won't Turn Off-------->

Search Over 2.1 Million Appliance Parts from AppliancePartsPros

Appliance parts from RepairClinic

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

After all the eating I did over the holidays...I am happy to report that my socks still fit!
Working...
X