X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Machine Overfilling - Appliance Tip of the Week

Appliance Tips of the Week...

Washing Machine Overfilling

My automatic washing machine keeps filling and the water is over flowing over the top and onto the floor....help!

A quick test to split up your possible trouble makers:

Let the washing machine fill with water and when the washer is about 1/2 full of water unplug the washers power cord from the wall outlet. If the water keeps flowing into the washing machine with the power cord pulled the fill valve ( where the hot and cold hoses are attached to your washer ) has mechanically stuck open and will have to be replaced. If the water shuts off when you remove it's power cord from the wall outlet, try plugging the washer in and out a couple more times and if the water stops each time the fill valve indicates as being good = on to the next trouble makers.

The water level control is responsible for shutting off the power to the fill valve and redirects the power to the timer to start the washing machine running once the correct water level has occurred. The WLC itself could be bad. The WLC uses a hose that the water level pushes air into to tell the WLC what the water level is inside the washing machine...the hose could be pinched, fallen off of the tub spout, has a pin hole, clogged up with calcium or soap curd and the WLC cannot "sense" or "tell" what is happening inside the washer.
    A tip from Scott...

Hello there, I came across your site after researching why our whirlpool model no. LSR7233EQ1 washer was overfilling and not going to the agitate cycle. I did the tests that was suggested on your site and the problem pointed towards the water control valve. I removed the 2 screws and flipped the panel back to access the switch and found the problem. The hose that goes to the switch had simply come off, probably from shaking from unbalanced loads. I reattached the hose and secured it better with a spring clamp that I had lying around and did the final test (which passed). The washer works great!! This piece of info, I hope could be useful to your site to advise people to look for this simple solution. If it was not for your outstanding site, I would not have known where to start on this problem and would have probably tossed the washer out the back door and bought a new one. As for now a washing machine has been saved and I suppose that I now have the extra money to buy my wife a dishwasher. Thank you much for the informative site. Scott

More washing machine parts...

Related Links
    1. How Washers Work
    2. Direct drive coupling used between the motor and the transmission on direct drive models NEW! Metal sleeves for added strength
    3. Washer timer knobs and how they come off
    4. Washer Repair & Maintenance Parts
    ​jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

Around this time in 2020 we couldn't find toilet paper.
    Now we can't afford it!
Working...
X