Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appliance Tip of the Week - GE dishwasher repair helps, tips and tricks

Appliance Tip of the Week...

Some GE dishwasher repair helps, tips and tricks...

Always remember Electricity is dangerous and should be treated with respect

Reference Models: GDF620HSJ2SS

Problem: My GE dishwasher won't start all of a sudden. I select the cycle and the other settings. Close the door and press the start button. Just get three beeps from the Start button and the dishwasher won't come on.

Diagnosis help:

1) Check your main control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

2) Restore Power, then make sure the door harness connector is attached to the bottom of the control board casing connector when you view the STATUS LED light, Also make sure the 120 volt connector to it in the front is still attached to it also.

3) A common part required for above model# - Main Control Board

GE DW Service Manual

Reference Models: GDT655SMJ2ES

Problem: About 3 months ago my dishwasher would just loss power, I would reset circuit breaker and sometimes washer would work, washer has power but control panel not working. We replaced machine control board WD21X24901 and have power going to it but still no power up top to controls

Diagnosis help:

1) STEADY ON indicates a problem in the UI Board. You will need to replace the UI Board

2) Here is ( below ) the service manual instructions for your exact model: You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

3) A common part required for above model# - User Control and Display Board

GE DW Service Manual

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED's or cycles will not function properly

Reference Models: GDT695SSJ2SS

Problem: Our GE dishwasher tends to randomly beep three times. I had a repair tech come who ran all the diagnostics and found nothing wrong. I've noticed that the lights on top of the door come on when I hear the beeps, just like when opening the door. The dishwasher still works fine, it just keeps beeping annoyingly

Diagnosis help:

1) Usually when it randomly beeps its the UI Board that's the culprit

2) Here's the UI (user interface) Board for your model you can order: User Control and Display Board

3) The UI Board comes with instructions to set the jumpers, you HAVE TO set the jumpers per the instructions or the new UI Board will NOT work

Some GE dishwasher part help links:

Dishwasher Repair Parts

Related Links:
    1. Volt/OHM Meter
    2. Citric acid- mineral deposit remover, dishwasher
    3. Dishwasher Rack Repair Kit - White - Kit includes vinyl paint and 25 colored vinyl tine caps
    4. Dishwasher Rack Repair Kit - Grey - Kit includes vinyl paint and colored vinyl tine caps.
    jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

Around this time in 2020 we couldn't find toilet paper.
    Now we can't afford it!
Working...
X