X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vissani MCWC50DS — How to Access Refrigerant Line in Back of Fridge

Vissani MCWC50DS
    Wine Cooler

I'm t'shooting a Vissani wine cooler (I believe Danby Appliances is the manufacturer).

I hear the very clear sound of gurgling from one specific location in the back of the appliance. I want to access this area to investigate the source of the noise. The back cover appears to be Plasticore. I cannot remove the sheet metal case nor the plastic interior.

I need to see the refrigerant line in the area circled in red. I prefer not to cut into the Plasticore, since obviously I don't want to nick the refrigerant line.

Feel free to post suggestions on how I should access this area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vissani MCWC50DST.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1701

Hi,

MCWC50DS
    Comes up as a MagicChef wine cooler.

Vissani, MagicChef, Danby all seem to come out of the same Chinese factory.

I hear the very clear sound of gurgling from one specific location in the back of the appliance.
    That is just air/moisture and refrigerant gas making a gurgling noise.....normal when the unit is not working correctly.

I want to access this area to investigate the source of the noise.
    No access from the outside....unless you want to cut/rip into the plastic back and then contend with the blown in foam which you also will have to cut/rip away.

nor the plastic interior.​​
    What does the back inside look like? Can you post a picture of the back inside?

I see the bullet piercing valve on the left. Does it actually fit the line? Most that I see have odd sized metric lines the the bullet piercing line doesn't seal or fit properly.

jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

Around this time in 2020 we couldn't find toilet paper.
    Now we can't afford it!

Comment

Working...
    X