• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roper no Rinse

Hello Jeff.
    Roper washer
    Model-RTW4516FW1
    Agitates good
    when it comes to Rinse, puts very little water on clothes and starts to spin.
    Before it stops that spin, it adds a little more water.
    Just enough water is added to wet the clothes. Then it spins some more before going into final Spin cycle.
    I have recalibrated it.
    Searched for error codes. None show up.
    When it washed it does seem to put more water in than I expected it to. It does have a double action agitator, so maybe that is normal for the water to completely cover the clothes.
    I have also checked the pressure tube and blew out the connection at the bottom of the outer basket.
    Board?
    Btw, this one had only one pressure tube connection on the board.
    Only like 6 years old.
    I should add, I put in Clean Washer cycle, snd it does every thing it is supposed to do including filling up in Rinse.
    Last edited by Boman; 01-16-2022, 11:35 PM.

Hi Rick,

Happy new Year ( better late than never ).

Model-RTW4516FW1
    A copy:

SENSING/FILL

When the Start/Stop/Pause/Unlock Lid button is pressed, and the Water Level knob is set to Auto Sensing, the washer will fill and begin sensing to determine load size and balance.
    Once sensing is complete, the washer will fill to the appropriate level for the detected load size and then begin the wash phase of the cycle.

WASH

The washer will fill to the correct water level based on the load size and the Water Level selection. Certain cycles may agitate during the fill process to boost cleaning. You will hear the agitator rotate, followed by a pause lasting several seconds. When the wash cycle begins, you will hear the agitator increase speed. The motor sounds may change at different stages in the wash cycle while the washer performs different wash actions

RINSE

Certain cycles use a spray rinse, which adds water to the tub while the basket spins. You may hear the motor turning on briefly (short hum) to move the basket while filling.

WATER LEVEL OPTIONS

Set the Water Level knob to the Auto Sensing setting and the washer automatically adjusts the water level to the load size. Set the Water Level knob to the Deep Water Wash setting and the washer will fill to the maximum water level.

SPRAY RINSE

Select cycles default to a spray rinse. During these cycles, you will hear water enter the washer as the tub spins, allowing the rinse water to penetrate clothes. Check the “Cycle Guide” for details.

when it comes to Rinse, puts very little water on clothes and starts to spin.
    From what I have read above, that seems correct.

jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

Around this time in 2020 we couldn't find toilet paper.
    Now we can't afford it!

Comment

I wondered about that, but this thing sprays a little water in twice, not even enough to really show in the tub. Just does not seem anyway it can rinse soap out, unless the user uses no more than tsp. I think I have seen that recommended with HE detergent.
      Both sprays might equal 1 or maybe two quarts total in the Rinse cycle.
      Some if these electronic model are blowing my mind.
      I have seen some with the wash plates not completely cover a load, not sure about the rinse cycle in some of them.
      I watched this one with lid up snd the lidlock activated.
      I think U can put in Rinse manually snd it uses a lot more water like I would expect one to do.
      Things been hectic lately with wife having neck surgery. Heck I even cracked a rib a while back and bruised a hip.
      Wishing you the best Buddy!

Comment

Things been hectic lately with wife having neck surgery. Heck I even cracked a rib a while back and bruised a hip.
        Sending you all our best wishes and a speedy recovery! ❤

I think I have seen that recommended with HE detergent
        I have also seen that.
        Try that deep wash and extra rinse setting to see if any different.

jeff sr.
        Appliance Repair Aid

Now we can't afford it!

Comment

I have seen some spray water while spinning.
          I think I read somewhere if put on Heavy Wash, it will fill up with water.
          Some of the articles I find on Google must be outdated. Read one this morning that said all top loaders with agitator fill and agitate in Rinse.
          This one does not agitate at all in Rinse.
          It almost like it has two Spin cycles with one (Rinse) putting in a little bit of water a couple of times. Smh.
          I might do a video snd share what I am talking about in case I am not clear on what is happening.

Comment

Some of the articles I find on Google must be outdated. Read one this morning that said all top loaders with agitator fill and agitate in Rinse.
            All older ones did.

I have seen a couple of coin operated top load washers only drain out 1/2 of the wash water out after the wash....fill up with rinse water and then go into final spin/drain out.
            This idea is to save on water consumption.....keeping some of the wash water and only filling 1/2 of clean rinse water.....ew!

jeff sr.
            Appliance Repair Aid

Now we can't afford it!

Comment

Hello Jeff.
              Sorry for the late response.
              Forgot your email address.
              Anyway, evidently this this thing seems to be doing what it is supposed to.
              I did put it on Heavy, and it filled with water and agitated like I would expect it to. Smh.

Comment

Thankx for the update Rick!

evidently this this thing seems to be doing what it is supposed to
                Lets keep our old washing machines running as long as we can!

jeff sr.
                Appliance Repair Aid

Now we can't afford it!

Comment

Tried this thing again today. Ran like I thought it should twice. Actually filled and agitated in Rinse.
                  Surely I had it in the same cycle I had tried in before.
                  Hope it is not an intermittent problem. Smh.

Comment

Hope it is not an intermittent problem
                    Yikes! Hope not.

jeff sr.
                    Appliance Repair Aid

Now we can't afford it!

Comment

Working...
                    X