Clear All

• Spin cycle

Maytag Centennial
    model- MVWC555Dw0
    hangs in spin while recalibrating.
    Error. F7 E1
    Shifter motor checks good at low end of spec
    does have weak suspension
    could this cause it to not spin fast enough to satisfy speed sensor?
    Last edited by Boman; 10-23-2021, 03:35 PM. Reason: Correction

Hi Rick,

A copy:

Whirlpool washer f7 e1 error code
    This code indicates a motor speed sensing error, the motor can not achieve the correct speed for the cycle selection.

A copy:

If, when in diagnostics the codes are F7E1, F7E5, or motor speed codes, then chances are it is a motor, capacitor, or shifter related issue. Once the codes are cleared, put the washer into a manual diagnostic test and run the HEAVY AGITATION; if
    after 15‐20 Seconds the motor runs then you can rule out the motor, capacitor, control, and most likely the wiring harness connections (although still check the BK wire from the shifter to the control). Remember, the timing wheel only turns in the
    transmission during the spin cycle.

Next, while in Manual diagnostics, try to get the unit to spin; if the motor hums for a split second and then shuts down with the lid lock blinking; go back into diagnostic codes and look for shifter or speed sensor errors.

This is proof that the shifter/sensor assembly is the issue because the optical sensor is not reading the motor speed.
    Also take the belt off and remove the transmission pulley and remove the plastic cams to see if the teeth are worn down way too much, if so order and replace that Splutch cam kit.

I hope this link works to a service bulletin for the F7-E1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xcry5ds5a...lt%29.pdf?dl=0

does have weak suspension
    could this cause it to not spin fast enough to satisfy speed sensor?
    While possible, it is less likely. Baskets wobbling egg shape could slow the spin down for sure. Bad bearings could also slow the spin down for sure.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

Around this time in 2020 we couldn't find toilet paper.
    Now we can't afford it!

Comment

No hum when it goes in agitate or spin mode. I did check the capacitor.
      Just will not come out of spin when I try to recalibrate.
      So far, all I have checked is the capacitor and shaft actuator motor.
      I have read of people cleaning the shifter lens. Might try that for the heck of it.
      My luck it will be the board. Going to see if I have another. I don’t think I do according the list of units I went through.
      thanks.
      P.S. I might need to get another meter, not sure how much I trust the one I have been using.
      Last edited by Boman; 10-24-2021, 03:40 PM. Reason: Spell check correction and to add last comment

Comment

P.S. I might need to get another meter, not sure how much I trust the one I have been using

Have to have working equipment

I have read of people cleaning the shifter lens. Might try that for the heck of it.
        No harm in trying, the only time that I have seen it gummed up was when the bearings and seals let go and the shifter got covered in gookus.

jeff sr.
        Appliance Repair Aid

Now we can't afford it!

Comment

Shifter was not gummed up.
          Did a little further research and see that a faulty shifter can cause one to not change from agitate to spin and vice versa.
          Ordered a new shifter.
          Also removed the splutch to check for any kind of grime. I stretched the spring a little in case it had gone a little weak just to see if it would make a difference.
          I wish I had torn into this shifter and not the one I did. Lost a piece to it. I think it might have been a new one I had not used yet. Smh.

Comment

I wish I had torn into this shifter and not the one I did. Lost a piece to it. I think it might have been a new one I had not used yet.
            Oops!

jeff.
            Appliance Repair Aid

Now we can't afford it!

Comment

Working...
            X