X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire electric

received by email...

Cleaning ash from self-cleaning electric oven after it has been run

My cleaning girls accidentally pushed the clean button on my Frigidaire Electric. I do not know how long it ran. When we came back, the house was so hot that I went downstairs and slept a while. I tell you this because when I got up the cleaner and gone off and the "do not open" sign was gone and the time was back on the oven. It was cool enough to open the door. Inside on the doors and coils, I have an ash build-up (light) on them. Can you tell me a combination to remove the ash? One place says to use vinegar, or vinegar and water (half and half), or 3/4 baking soda and 1/2 water. Leave overnight and scrape off the paste; rinse with water and the shine is back. Can you help me as my manual does not tell me how to get the ash off? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Hi all,

My cleaning girls accidentally pushed the clean button on my Frigidaire Electric. I do not know how long it ran.
    Most cleaning cycles are 3 to 4 hours long and an odd few light cleaning cycles are 2 hours long.

I tell you this because when I got up the cleaner and gone off and the "do not open" sign was gone and the time was back on the oven. It was cool enough to open the door.
    Usually takes 45 to 60 minutes too cool down enough after a cleaning cycle to open the door.

Inside on the doors and coils, I have an ash build-up (light) on them. Can you tell me a combination to remove the ash?
    A copy from Frigidaire:
    When self clean is finished:
    CLEAN message will turn off, and Hot will appear in display window.
    Once the oven has cooled down (about 1 hour) and Hot is no longer displayed, the oven door may be opened.
    When the oven interior has completely cooled, wipe away any residue or powdered ash with a damp cloth or paper towel.

The ash is normally the left over product of the cleaning cycle burning the food from the inside of the oven walls/door/etc.

Hope this helps,

jeff sr.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

After all the eating I did over the holidays...I am happy to report that my socks still fit!

Comment

Working...
    X