Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall light switch

posted By: bowdlerb

I would like to change an internal light switch which operates two different lights, one upstairs and one downstairs, at each end of the stairs. It seems the the existing switch and the new one I have purchased have differing amounts of wiring connection, so I need assistance to tell me which wire fit where into the new switch. I have done a colored diagram of the existing switch connections and the new switch's connectors, can anyone assist?

Diagram of wall switch

posted by: chrisb

You need to add your location to your profile.

That does not look like anything I have seen. I think you must be in UK or Europe. Most of our members are based in North America. Perhaps one of our members will have some insight into foreign systems be able to assist you.

Comment

posted by: suemarkp

He's posting from the UK. Don't think we have anyone here who knows much about wiring in the UK. However, just guessing at the diagrams provided, I would think that the COM terminals are the same as the top terminals on the existing switch, and 1 Way = L1 and 2-way = L2. I must say though your wiring diagram makes no sense to me. And there are 3 switches, so what does the third switch do?

Mark
      Kent, WA

Comment

posted by: chrisb

Maybe if you post the make and model off the switches we can find some info online that will help.

Comment

Working...
        X