Wiring Done Right

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change home security system battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change home security system battery?

Posted By: victorjiem

We have a low batter signal on our home security system, and we can't figure out how to change the battery and the "headquarters" are closed so we can't reach anybody tonight. Does anyone know how to do it?

posted by: chrisb

Open the master panel cover and look inside. The battery should be obvious. It likely looks similar to this.

battery
    Find one the same voltage and size and replace it.

Comment

posted by: RichardSantiago

I'm having same concern also. So lucky that I've found this thread

Comment

Posted by: Mr T

Just to clarify...
        By size, you need to get the same (or close) current capacity. In the above picture it is an 8AH (amp-hour) battery. The size you need should be on the battery somewhere. Too big and you may strain the charging circuit, too small and it will not last as long as it should during an outage (or if a intruder tries to cut power to the system).

Most batteries of the same voltage and current capacity are about the same phyical size. Some batteries come in multiple physical sizes. Make sure you get the same size so it fits in the panel.

There are (at least in my area) battery stores popping up all over the place. You can take a battery into one of these and get a new one for a decent price. I can get UPS batteries for the same price as I can online now (without the shipping cost). If you do not take in a battery to exchange, you will be charged a core charge (federal law).

Some alarms may send a trouble call into the monitoring company if you unhook the battery.

Comment

posted by: mark01

Hey Guys well i think for that reason you must locate the battery pack section on your security system.Check to see if the old batteries have leaked into battery pack section. Use caution when removing them and cleaning the section. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X