Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet protection

posted by: roughrider

hi, i have some work coming up and i need to know what the product that mike holmes crew uses to protect the carpet on the stairs
    seems like its some kind of plastic. it must be sort of sticky.

posted by: Mr T

There is a sticky back film that is made to put down over carpets to keep it clean for people walking over it. It wont protect it from something cutting or poking it and i would not use it to protect from spills (painting) or heavy traffic. You sould be able to buy it a big box home improvement store and probably at most contstruction/building supply suppliers. If you need to protect more then the width of a walkway, you are going to be better off with something like a drop cloth.

Comment

posted by: protection products

I believe that you are looking for a product like our Carpet Protection which is an adhesive-backed 3 mil polyethylene film. The product is available in widths for 24" - 48" and if your main need is carpeted stairs we have a 32" product that is wound sticky-side in just for that purpose.

WEB LINK

I am not sure if commercial postings are appropriate and if they are not please accept my apologies and remove my reply.

Comment

posted by: Mr T

roughrider,

If you happen to have a Menards store card, they send out coupons with their statements. They have a roll of the film you are looking for on sale this month (with coupon).

Protective Products,

We do have a very strict spam/advertising policy on here. We try to keep this a clean, non-commercialized, unbiased board. All of us moderators are volunteers on here, we are not paid staff. Your post is directly answering the original posters question, so I will allow it to stay. We just ask that you do not use this board to advertise. (In those cases, we do remove posts and ban the poster for life.) You are welcome to stick around (pun intended) and use this board for your personal use. Thanks.

Comment

posted by: Drake

There are thousands products available in market for cleaning and protection of carpet.. like wraps and many other things but I think there is nothing better then vacuum cleaning of carpet and also steam cleaning because this two things can protect your carpet.. I think the carpet set for stairs is not much expensive you can change them after few years.

Comment

posted by: alex

I think you are searching about some good quality products. I like your way to ask about it but i was thinking is it helpful??
            Everyone knows that the one who is advising you have some own interests at the same time.

Can he fairly advise you?

Comment

posted by: drake

Carpet protection film, will protect your carpet with ultra-tough polyethylene that grips the surface to keep all dirt and contaminates out.

Comment

Working...
              X