Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bathroom floor

Posted By: roughrider

hello, i have heard alot about keri, i was wondering what the benifits would be to using kerdi as opposed to wire mesh and scratch coat, or cement board on the floor when laying carerra stone on the floor. i know kerdi is very expensive

posted by: chrisb

I think what you are referring to is Kerdi. Kerdi is only a water proofing membrane. You still need the what ever type of backer board is suitable for the application.

Comment

Posted By: roughrider

im sorry, i meant to say ditra as i am working on the floor and not the walls

Comment

You should still have proper foundation under your tiles. I believe the ditra will prevent some cracking from flexing floors but no flexing is still the best.

Comment

posted by: drake

Yeah I also heard about that water proof boards.. I think they are also a good choice to make your bathroom water proof. A plumber told me that there are very rare cases of that sheet leakage.. i think you should use that but be sure when you install that.

Comment

posted by: alex

I think you are talking about Kedri. It is really a good water proofing membrane also very helpful to use in any type of water leakage stooping purpose. It is very expensive but very effective in water proofing.

Comment

posted by: chatwin

Been wonder. I've used Kerdi on more than a cpl of dozen shower I've built so I'm not fresh to the stuff and I do love it although it's hard convincing customers why they require to waste an extra $600-$1000+ to install the things.

It gets me to thinking every time I do it why not just paint the walls with a cpl of coats of observe or hydro ban or alike.

Comment

I would not consider paint of any type a suitable surface to fasten tiles.

Comment

Working...
                X