Windows defender threat service has stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows defender threat service has stopped

On my laptop windows defender is not working with a yellow exclamation point in the tray and Windows Defender Security Center it says “Threat service has stopped. Restart it now”. So I click the restart button and it shows that the service is restarting. But after a while, I got the message that it failed and I should try again later. But I can never get restart it. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Virus and malware threats are way more common and real in today's world. Thankfully, there are tools and software to fight it and thus prevent from
    Last edited by cryptog; 10-26-2020, 01:21 PM.

Do you have any anti virus or internet security on your computer other than windows defender?
    Sometimes you can get conflictions, also check the info at the link bellow...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Comment

Try stopping all Windows Defender related services before changing the registry. Also try to take Ownership of a registry key HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and grant yourself Full Control permissions. After that, try restarting the Virus and Threat Protection using the “Restart now” button.

Comment

Working...
      X