Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupported version of IE

Posted By: chrisb

Why is Gmail telling me I am using an unsupported version of internet explorer. I am using IE8 with all the current updates. I don't think there is an update to IE available for Windows XP.

posted by: dkerr

WEB LINK 1

doesn't look good for support for windows xp by google or ie8

you may be able to try to use the latest edition of a competitor browser if it works with windows xp?

Comment

posted by: chrisb

My PC is too old to upgrade from Windows XP. It is working fine and I am not going to upgrade. I will use Firefox instead.

Comment

posted by: wannabe

I am starting to get that message myself. I have XP home SP3.

IE8 may be current, but the push to a more streamlined browser that has limited functions compared to the older versions. WHy? I have no idea.

WEB LINK NO LONGER AVAILABLE

This is a quote from their web site linked above:

n 2002 Microsoft introduced its Support Lifecycle policy based on customer feedback to have more transparency and predictability of support for Microsoft products. As per this policy, Microsoft Business and Developer products, including Windows and Office products, receive a minimum of 10 years of support (5 years Mainstream Support and 5 years Extended Support), at the supported service pack level.

Thus, Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 will go out of support on April 8, 2014.

Comment

posted by: drake

Why don't you use any other browser like Firefox, Chrome or Maxthon.. because this is the most common error on IE..or you have to update the version of your browser... But its better to replace it with chrome you will feel the difference when you use that.

Comment

posted by: dkerr

The issue with Internet Explorer is that it interlaced with the operating system, it is a part of the windows system in a lot of ways. The competitors are not as dependent to the same extent with the operating system. I have several browsers on my computer but because I create websites I need to sometimes check if the page displays the same in every browser.

Comment

posted by: Mr T

There is also the little fact that IE is a piece of crap.

Comment

posted by: alina1grace

IE8 with updates is available for windows xp.

Comment

posted by: Markwinstanley

There may be so many reason for this issue like window xp is not supported for internet security by Microsft, installation of new program in the same window may accure an error or IE may display an error your browser doesn't supported even you are using Firefox, chrome etc etc.

So are suggested first you upgrade you operating system first then go for further proceeding. That kind of problem have also faced by me earlier and resolved by doing the same. better luck

Comment

Working...
                  X