windows 10 1607

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 10 1607

trying to find a working version windows 10 1607 iso. I found a couple but they don't seem to work. They iso either won't create a boot USB or the boot won't work.
    I need the early 1607 because I am trying to upgrade toshiba win 7 laptop and found info that if I use the old version it should work. The current upgrade from windows won't install. I am told it is not compatible with the laptop.

let me see if I can find that version iso

Comment

how old is your laptop? you have a model number?

Comment

It is a Toshiba satellite c650 model PSC09C-01s1Q.
        Attempting to install windows from the MS site goes through the whole process and then reloads old operating system with error "0x8007001F-0x20006, The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation.", Search says that means drivers are not good. I have loaded all most recent drivers I can find. Most are 2016 or older.
        MS community support says the PC is too old. Windows can't be loaded.
        Search says if I load the old Windows 1607 it should load.I found 2 different sources for the ISO. One won't create the ISO. ?The other keeps telling me to insert the x64 version of the CD. I am running from USB created with ISOtoUSB program.
        System is currently running windows 7 pro. I have not tried a clean install. I am hoping to save the stuff on it with an upgrade.

Comment

that is the windows 10 drivers, but still looking for that build but that build there is is posts out there that it will not update on that version. But those drivers my not be of use to you until the system installs then you can install the problem drivers. Give me a few days and i hope to get a soure for the early version of windows 10, have you considered oing a clean install of windows 7 again

Comment

I found a bunch of post with links but the links are so old they do not work or have been updated to new version. I tried torrent search and they either looked sketchy or had no seeders.
            If I do a clean install it will be of windows 10. But I am hoping to not have to re-install all the software. Might just keep running it as 7 if it won't update.

Comment

Found a copy here. Do you think this site is safe.?
              https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...5LXfo/htmlview.

Comment

It worked.
                Downloaded the file. Created a boot USB stick and windows 10 installed keeping my old files.
                Now to update the old software since the laptop has been sitting for two years.

Comment

System updated itself to windows 10 20H2. Still working on updates to the other software on the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
                    Found a copy here. Do you think this site is safe.?
                    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...5LXfo/htmlview.
                    that is a useful link. Sometimes if you are replacing the drive anyway is to do a clean install on the new drive then make the old drive as a secondary drive to copy thing over, it works best on a desktop where extra drives can be added easy. However things like video edit projects , email data files can be a bigger pain to move over but not impossible. Good you found something that worked

Comment

Working...
                    X