drive clone tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive clone tool

Looking for a recommendation for the best free drive cloning tool.

For this particular application I am not trying to clone the main windows drive but a secondary drive on the system. I am hoping there might something that will run under windows instead have to boot from USB.

secondary question
    How to reset a 'smart error' on a toshiba 3.5 drive.
    Trying to use my USB boot cloner and it keeps failing because the drive has an error. However the drive is completely readable in windows and disk check passes. Need to clone so I can replace before actual failure.

Comment

thanks for the update, I was away for a week Nov 12 - 20 so never answered you promptly

Comment

The drive still has a error but I did manage to clone it to a new drive and install it in the laptop. Now trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7. Getting an error that indicates I need to update drivers.

Comment

you will likely have to go through a series of driver updates. Why did you clone as opposed to doing a clean install on the new hard drive?

Comment

Why did you clone as opposed to doing a clean install on the new hard drive?
            Did not want to lose all the data and it seemed much easier.

Comment

be aware if using windows 11 requires that the bios be set to secure boot, it is a requirement, some older boards may not have that.

Comment

For now I am just trying to get it to windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                X