X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duet Washer Help - Appliance Tip of The Week

Appliance tip of the week.

Duet Washer Help

Whirlpool Duet front load washer ( some of the Kenmore front load washers are the same - 110.######## )

My daughter was doing a load of towels in my Kenmore Elite HE3t front loading machine, when I went back to put them in the dryer the washer had a load of water in it and an error reading of F02. Checked the manual Could not find anything wrong with the Drain Hose?
    These are some of the possibilities for that error code:

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
    • Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
    • Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
    • Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
    • If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
    • Added info and tip - Model # 110.42822200 - clearing/cleaning the Washer Water Level Pressure Switch feed tube fixed the F02 error.

F02 is long drain.

Just because it came up doesn't mean there's a problem, it simply means there was a failure during the cycle, if it returns on a regular basis, you have a problem.

F02 error could be caused by the over use of soap, you need to make sure your using 2 tablespoons of HE soap, 1/4 cap at the most.

Over sudsing, could cause the water pump to run longer, the pump is designed for 15 min duty cycle which means, 15 minutes on to 45 minutes off. The computer may sense too much soap, and continue to pump. HE soap will cure that, along with SUD error, possible F09 (overflow condition), you may also notice the timing is wrong, HE soap works well in these machines and F/l washer go hand in hand

if the F02 returns the remove the 3 torx screws from the bottom kick panel, and remove the kick panel, right there in the middle you will see a big round handle, turn it and then slide it out, have some towels ready, there will be some water in there, and check to see if you have any thing in there that will slow water flow, tooth picks and other "floating" items may jam the impeller.

More...

A friends HE3 would not drain. F02 error message was showing. The filter had coins, pencils, a wire from a bra, and a piece of cloth that was stuck in the pump impeller vanes. Cleaned it all out put it back together and it worked.

For others that encounter the same problem: (The fix is very easy).

Unplug the washer. Remove the 3 Torx head screws (located left, center, and right) from the front bottom kick panel of the washer. The drain/filter/pump is right in front. First remove as much water from the washer as you can. Place a large towel under the pump - a lot of water will come out when you remove the filter cover cap. Remove the drain filter cover cap by turning the filter cover cap counterclockwise. Remove the filter and check the housing and pump impeller vanes for debris (see if you can move the pumps impeller by hand). Clean the cover cap gasket and the gaskets mating surface. Replace the filter and close the cover cap firmly. Run a short wash cycle and check for any leaks at the filter cover cap. Replace the kick panel if none are found. Good luck.

I have a 14 month old Duet Sport that has developed a problem which results in a F21 code. The machine seems to work until the water needs to be pumped from the drum. We can hear the pump kick on and run until it cavitates continuously for a long while before finally displaying the f21 code.
    F21 is:

LONG DRAIN

If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes the water valves turn off.

NOTES:

After 4 minutes the "Sd" error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the "F/21" error code will be displayed. Press PAUSE/CANCEL two times to clear the display.

Possible Causes/Procedure
    1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
    2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
    3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
    4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
    5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
    6. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
    7. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
    8. Replace the pump.

Popular Appliance Part Help Links...

Find appliance parts, lawn & garden equipment parts, heating & cooling parts and more from the top brands in the industry here.

Finding the Right Appliance Parts At the Right Price Just Got Easier From AppliancePartPros

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    http://www.applianceaid.com/

After all the eating I did over the holidays...I am happy to report that my socks still fit!
Working...
X